StudentsThe Indiana Psychological Association (IPA) is the largest organization in Indiana dedicated to psychologists, psychologists-in-training, and consumers in the field of mental health.
To Join: If you are a graduate or undergraduate student and would like to apply, please fill out our online student affiliate application (online application for students). New student applicants are required to submit a letter from their director of training or the chair of the department stating that the student is enrolled in the program and is in good academic standing to be considered for membership in IPA. Students will be asked to upload this letter directly into their application. Please obtain this letter prior to beginning the application.
IPA's Student Affiliates enjoy many benefits, including:
- Mentorship Match with professional psychologists practicing in Indiana (new Winter 2024) via IPA Career Connect.
- Access to the IPA Message Board, an online forum where they can communicate with other members regarding ethical concerns or other professional questions.
- Free and discounted admission to many IPA-sponsored workshops and events.
- IPA live and recorded webinars. IPA students can participate in IPA professional webinars for free and can both serve each other and learn from each other using IPA resources.
- Access to IPA 'Members' website
- IPA E-newsletters
- High quality legislative lobbying representation
- Committee participation opportunities
- Professional representation for psychology education efforts. For example, IPA Student Members judged the Psychology portion of the 31st Annual Hoosier Science and Engineering Fair on Saturday, March 30, 2019 in Indianapolis. Thank you to our student members who provided this valuable service!
- Publication Opportunities through IPA PsychBytes
2019 Student Psychology Judges: Richelle Clifton (second year clinical psych PhD IUPUI), Alia Rowe (third year clinical psych PhD IUPUI), Annalee Johnson-Kwochka (second year clinical psych PhD IUPUI), Shirin Khazvand (first year clinical psych PhD IUPUI), Claire Scott-Bacon (University of Notre Dame), Danielle Beaudette (first year clinical psych PhD IUPUI)
Student award winners Karina Castaneda (10th grade, Frankfort Middle School), Bethany Petry (11th grade, Ft. Wayne/homeschool), Hetvi Patel (7th grade, Christ the King South Bend), and Minna Vens (4th grade, Eagle Elementary School, Zionsville).
Resources for StudentsCareer Resources