StudentsThe Indiana Psychological Association (IPA) is the largest organization in Indiana dedicated to psychologists, psychologists-in-training, and consumers in the field of mental health.
IPA's Student Affiliates enjoy many benefits, including:
- Discounted admission to many IPA-sponsored workshops and events.
- Mentorship opportunities with professional psychologists practicing in Indiana.
- Access to IPA 'Members' website
- IPA E-newsletters
- Weekly PsychBytes
- High quality legislative lobbying representation
- Committee participation opportunities
- IPA live and recorded webinars
- Access to the IPA Message Board, an online forum where they can communicate with other members regarding ethical concerns or other professional questions.
- Professional representation for psychology education efforts. For example, IPA Student Members judged the Psychology portion of the 31st Annual Hoosier Science and Engineering Fair on Saturday, March 30, 2019 in Indianapolis. Thank you to our student members who provided this valuable service!
Student Psychology Judges: Richelle Clifton (second year clinical psych PhD IUPUI), Alia Rowe (third year clinical psych PhD IUPUI), Annalee Johnson-Kwochka (second year clinical psych PhD IUPUI), Shirin Khazvand (first year clinical psych PhD IUPUI), Claire Scott-Bacon (University of Notre Dame), Danielle Beaudette (first year clinical psych PhD IUPUI)
Student award winners Karina Castaneda (10th grade, Frankfort Middle School), Bethany Petry (11th grade, Ft. Wayne/homeschool), Hetvi Patel (7th grade, Christ the King South Bend), and Minna Vens (4th grade, Eagle Elementary School, Zionsville).
To read more about Membership benefits or apply online, simply visit this page.
Resources for StudentsCareer Resources